Project Life 2012: Week 3

Left side: this week was all about reflection. How impossibly quick five years can go by. While I had plenty of actual daily photos, I wanted to include some of my favorite baby pictures and illustrate the “now” and “then”…looking back years from now, the journey from one to five will mean more than forcing daily pictures into the project. I haven’t really stressed about making Project Life a daily album, in fact, I don’t think I have yet to make a “weekly” layout that focuses on a picture a day. I typically focus on the main events/themes/milestones of the week.

Right side. This is actually the third rendering of the right side. I didn’t like the way it was coming together. It looked way too busy for my liking. I took out a few of the photos I had placed in the journaling section and added a couple of “simpler” cards to tone it down. I don’t usually try to do a color theme but managed to stick with the green/blue/yellow…

Baby pictures. Now and then. Love that PL is all about making it what you want to be:

Had fun incorporating a little bit of MY story into PL this week:

Title page:

Full week layout with additional inserts (mentioned in last week’s post):

Progress on week 4: a complete opposite sort of week, not photo heavy at all:

Advertisements

8 Comments on “Project Life 2012: Week 3”

1. stacey k says:

I love the then & now stuff! I find myself seeing my middle daughter being the big sister to my youngest, just like my eldest was with my middle daughter (does that even make sense?) & love that I can put the comparisons in my album. Oh you have just inspired me for a layout….ok girls nap time!

2. Kelly S. says:

This looks great! I love the little stickers and tiny embellishments that you used. The green throughout your layout is a beautiful color. NICE WORK!

3. Jules says:

Oh that’s such a clever thing to do, that now and then approach. I too love that PL is so flexible and freeing that you can use it however suits you.I love how your pages turned out. Fab photos! Cute little pirate Valentines card!

4. I love your layout especially the theme! such a good idea… actually you have given me some really good ideas 🙂 am obsessed with washi tape but have no idea what to do with you but you have given me some inspitation…

5. Erica says:

Another awesome set of layouts! Love them and so inspiring!

6. Julie says:

Your pages look great! I love the “then & now” photos…so much fun! Also love your 13.1 picture.

Thanks for sharing!

7. Debi says:

You have some wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing and inspiring. 🙂