Boredom Buster JarPosted: June 6, 2013
Summer Vacation prep is officially under way. First up, update our Boredom Buster Jar:
In addition to our favorite activities from last year, I added the following:
* Pirate’s Map Treasure Hunt: have each kiddo hide a treasure and then draw a map for us to find it.
* Backyard Scavenger Hunt
* Basketball Challenge: various types of shots from various spots on the driveway, possibly different items- bean bags, whiffle balls, etc.
* Send a Letter
* Cars and Ramps: see how high the boys can build a ramp without cars flipping, see how many cars they can bounce from a ramp into a bowl of water, etc.
* Ice Cube Melting Race
* Clapping Call Ball: have the boys throw a ball in the air, call out a number, and try to clap that many times before catching the ball (would also be fun with a balloon).
* LEGO Challenge: have the boys each fill up a bucket with Legos and see what they can build, or have them build by color, size etc.