Tyson is Six Months OldPosted: July 19, 2007 Filed under: Tyson Leave a comment
It is so hard to believe that just six short months ago Tyson entered this world. Everyone always tells you that your child will grow up in the blink of an eye…and they are right.
Six Month Update:
* Ty now averages about eight hours of sleep in a row- although the last two nights he’s woken up twice because of teething pain.
* His left tooth is about half way up and his right front tooth has just broken through.
* He can scoot, scoot, scoot.
* He can get up onto all fours but hasn’t yet figured out what to do from there. TG.
* He knows what he wants and what he likes. He has started to cry when you take away a toy he likes. Which is why he is the proud new owner of a soft Fisher Price fire truck- luckily it was only three bucks but he LOVED it. It’s rubber like his favorite blocks and he loves to chew on it. I now know NOT to “show” him toys when we are shopping at Target.
* He is a big fan of peas and sweet potatoes. It took him a couple days to warm up to the peas but now he loves them. He’ll be moving on to green beans next…what a lucky boy.
* He can drink out of a sippy cup like a big boy and “thinks” he can feed himself.
* He wants to play with whatever it is you have in your hands- remote control, cooking utensil, phone, keys, paper- LOVES paper. Ugh. If you take a toy and place it in your hands- he still wants whatever it was you HAD in your hands. He’s a smart cookie.
* My little sasquatch outgrew his 0-6 month shoes weeks ago and is now wearing 6-12 months…and to think I thought the 6-12 month ones would fit around winter time. Yikes.
* He is no longer in the newborn Swaddlers- he has “graduated” to Cruisers.
* His favorite game is peek-a-boo with a heavy emphasis on the BOO part.
* He can make raspberries louder than many grown men I know.
And…as far as I know, he is the only six month old baby with hair on his legs. Yes, hair on his legs. Oh-my-god…I think I am going to have one hairy boy.
ATTEMPT ONE AT SIX MONTH PHOTO SHOOT:
OHHHHHHH the joys of a mobile baby…
ATTEMPT TWO AT SIX MONTH PHOTO SHOOT: New room, new outfit…hopefully new picture taking attitude.
Here we go again…
Okay, new position…he’s finally sitting still; however, he’s also decided that making raspberries is much more fun than smiling.SO…one hour, a sweaty mommy, and a gazillion shots later…we’ve GOT it.
Ty’s Six Month Photo: